The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tah-Dah!

We finished the renovation project! We are thrilled and pleased that it looks so good. I spent the entire week after Christmas with my parents to get away from the fumes while LeGrande worked on refinishing the floors. It was worth the week apart, and I had a good visit with Mom and Dad.

I keep telling LeGrande that I don't even feel like it's our house...most of the furniture I've never seen because he's had it in storage and he purchased it years ago from antique stores. The rooms are much fancier than anything I've ever lived with, but the combined elements in keeping with the year of this house (1947), furniture from my house growing up (the dining room chairs), LeGrande's grandparents' old mantel, and other pieces he's bought, as well as newer curtains and rugs, I think we did well! This is the look he was going for, and he's very happy with it. I love seeing him so satisfied with a job well done and I like it a lot too. I for one, feel like we're living in a really nice B&B, so maybe when baby Jack arrives and I need a "getaway", I can just step into the next two rooms! We even unpacked our wedding china (which has been in boxes for 3 1/2) years and put it in the antique china cabinet! We discovered that we had 2 sugar bowls and creamers and Belk even took them back this long after the wedding! Wow!


Just two words though..BABY GATES!

(I guess I NEED to register for those! )

Here's the dining room from the hall door...


and from the living room through the archway!



The living room- the lighting wasn't so good, but you can get the picture!


Here's the mantel that LeGrande got from his great-grandparent's house and redid...


as well as a buffet that he found in storage and refinished.

I am SO proud of him and the way he's made our house so beautiful! He's an amazing man!

Now...on to the NURSERY!!!

12 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh Sarah - It IS BEAUTIFUL. You definitely need those baby gates. :-) Soon...

Caroline said...

Wow, its so pretty. I totally reminds me of Aunt Helen and Uncle John's house! Beautiful!

Laura said...

WOW!!!! so pretty!! i love it and i know you do, too!

Heather said...

WOW!! It's so beautiful Sarah!! I LOVE the buffet!

Debby said...

looks SO good!!! Wow! Isn't so great having such a handy husband?! :)

Nan said...

SOOOO Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous, Sarah! I know you are glad to be done with the renovations. Have fun decorating the nursery:)

melanie said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person.

tea88 said...

Sarah, it looks great! Tell LeGrande I say so. yay!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarah!!! It should be on TV!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sarah! It should be on HGTV! Seriously!

Cori said...

Just wanted to leave this quote because it made me think of you Sarah!

Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.
-- Jim Rohn