The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OMG...this is MY job now.

When watching the inauguration coverage today, I couldn't help but notice the looks on the faces of the new President, First Lady, and VP and Dr. Biden as they watched the Bushes depart in their helicopter. I know they are excited about their administration beginning, but doesn't it just look the TEENIEST bit like they are nervous? I had to wonder if they were feeling a bit overwhelmed by the fact that THEY are now in charge. I feel their pain...in about 2 1/2 months, when we arrive back at our house with a newborn and discover that WE are the parents, I am sure I will be thinking what they are thinking..."OMG, this is MY job now!"

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Just remember that the first night home after you've been in the care of nurses who will take the baby when he's crying in the middle of the night and now you can't pass him off. It will rock your world - in a way that you won't understand until he's actually here! But you know I'll be around to help and listen...just don't call me at 4 in the morning.