
A sewing machine! Though I come from a long line of seamstresses, I never thought I would have any interest in sewing, but this fall, what with being home and having naptimes and an early bedtime for Jack, I thought I might like to take up a new hobby to keep me from going stir-crazy. Costco had a $30 off coupon for this machine last month so I went shopping and bought one. It was pretty scary standing in line holding a sewing machine. I thought "This is the largest purchase of something I have no clue how to use that I have ever made! I must be an idiot!" The salesgirl at Costco sighed at the sight of the machine and told me that sewing is a dying art and how wonderful it was that I still did it. "Little do you know," I thought. "Let's hope I can make art out of it and not kill it." One month later and I'm hooked... :) I'm having a blast and so far have made some nursing covers (aka hooter hiders) and matching burp cloths for baby shower gifts, bibs, 4 pairs of overalls for Jack, a pair of pants for Jack, and my latest attempt is an apron for my sister-in-law's Christmas gift! I will post photos soon, and I will return to blogging!
1 comment:
Fun!
Post a Comment