The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Growing by the day!

It's been nearly two months since my last Jack post. What can I say, he keeps me busy and so does sewing! I thought I would catch everyone up a little bit!


Let's see- since the big birthday, Jack has continued to say more and more! He talks SO much. He says at least 20 words and the other day used two in his first "sentence"! WOW! He loves to play, especially with his big blue ball, the sheep from his farm playset, his school bus, read his books, and more. We recently got a summer season pass for the pool at the park near our house and we went for the first time yesterday. Jack went nuts in the pool and I never sat down- chasing him around and pulling him out of the water before it went over his head. Thank goodness it has a "beach" entrance where it gradually slopes down to the deeper water. I think we'll spend lots of time there this summer!


We also went strawberry picking in May and Jack enjoyed that experience as well! He crawled up and down the rows and even tasted a few ripe berries! I was afraid that he would pick them and try to eat green ones, but he was so good! He ( and we) have enjoyed the homemade jam and other goodies that we made from those berries, not to mention the plain ones we ate and ate and ate!




We enjoyed Mother's Day and had a really good time with LeGrande's family as we celebrated. I love being a Mom and felt celebrated that day. Two years ago on Mother's Day, we lost our first child to miscarriage and those memories have really clouded my joy on the two Mother's Days since. This year, I really sensed more healing in my heart and the ability to enjoy the day, counting both my little ones as a gain and gift.



Jack has also finally gotten his first teeth! He began cutting them a few weeks after his birthday and they are SLOWLY coming in. I can hardly get him to sit still for a photo, let alone a photo of his teeth, but here you go! So cute! BTW, there is a big scratch on his head from a run in he had with one of our cats. I hope he learned that it's not OK to chase a hungry cat at mealtime. We just hope the scar heals soon!




Jack is a pro at crawling and for a long time, showed no interest in walking. Just this past week, he has begun pulling up and standing on his own! I don't have any good photos of him yet but this is the only one so far! More to come!




Jack also got his first haircut today. I agree that he needed one, but those baby curls were super cute. They are all saved in an envelope because I could not part with them! Oh, this baby stage goes soooo fast. I do think our little boy looks precious with his big boy haircut! Daddy gave the haircut and did a great job. According to him, cutting hair is just like pruning a

plant, which he does beautifully. I, however, would never have attempted to cut Jack's hair! Way to go, Daddy!

Thanks for peeking in on our lives and our little boy as he grows!





1 comment: