However, leaving the classroom still makes me sad, no matter how perfect this tutoring job is. I love teaching and I love leading a class of kids. Nothing could be more amazing than seeing a student crack the reading code and having the whole world open up to them! I love it! I know I won't be out for long.
Having been out of the classroom this year and then resigning my position, there was little closure that I could have, and I knew I really needed it. Once again, God was so good to provide something I really needed...the chance to say goodbye to my school, my colleagues, and my students. Two days ago, a very special group of kids that I taught "graduated" to middle school, so I had the honor of being at their ceremony! This group of kids was VERY special because not only did I have them in kindergarten in 2006-2007, but I also taught them in 1st grade the following year! I am still in contact with some of these parents and really have a deep love for these kids. Some of them came to me knowing very little English and had very little experience with school. In the two years I had them, it was AMAZING to see them grow into 2nd graders. They will always be one of my most special groups of kids.

Congrats to the 5th grade class of 2012! You will always have my heart!
1 comment:
you are invited to follow my blog
Post a Comment