The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Happy Heart

Jack is really transforming from a toddler to a preschooler. The change is happening to his body (he is getting longer and leaner and the baby fat is melting away (except for his little pudgy hands and cheeks). It makes me a little sad, but I also love the changes that are happening in his mind and heart.

Jack went to Bible School at church last week and had a great time. He has a little bit of an adjustment separating from us but once he is with his teacher, he is fine. This happened at Swimming Lessons the previous week too, and once he got into them, he loved them as well.

Jack is SO imaginative and fun....he loves making up stories and pretending and I LOVE IT! He is also more aware of emotions...his and others. I want to always communicate about this with him. I love knowing his little heart. When he hugs me, I tell him that he has made my heart happy. I know he has been thinking about this. The other night he hugged me and asked me if he made my heart happy and I said yes, then asked him what made his heart happy. He thought for a moment and said "having friends over!". He mentioned his friend Jack who had just been to our house. How sweet! Then I asked him what made his heart sad and he told me "spankings and storms". I told him I understood.

Life is busy and sometimes I feel like I am so wrapped up in taking care of Nora and the house that I have to make myself slow down and talk to Jack. These are precious times as his little heart starts to grow up too. I don't want to miss any of it.

No comments: