It's Sunday afternoon...almost late enough in the afternoon to be called early evening. Tomorrow is Monday and as I watch the clock I am reminded that it is time to get back on track for school...this means writing lesson plans.
Normally, I don't mind this too much. Well, let me rephrase that. Normally I don't put them off this late in the weekend where I have to cram them into the last few hours of peace and stillness that the weekend brings. I try very hard to work on some each night of the week so that I can enjoy the Sabbath.
This week, no go. It's been a VERY busy week. Not just at school, but personally. Every evening has been full and the plans have just not been done. Not a bad week...just one of those weeks where work takes a backseat and you put it off until it can be put off no longer. If I pretend it is not there, I will have a Monday morning "love note" from my principal asking where the rest of my plans are, and who wants that? Our nephew has been with us since Friday and has been a joy, but my mom came by and offered to drive him home on her way back to Charlotte, so we packed him up and gave him lots of kisses and hugs as he went off with "Nona". The house seems too quiet without his little laugh and running footsteps. It's been a treat to have a little one with us and I miss him. He can come back anytime!
So here I am, typing away at my blog and wishing that my weekend would end like this...with no lesson plans. Just the day of rest that Sunday was meant for. I used to treat Sunday as any regular day, just with church, until I married LeGrande. His family were farmers and so Sunday was the literal, and only, day of rest for them. It was something they looked forward to and needed. He maintains this practice, and in being married to him, I have come to as well. I had no idea how much I needed a day of rest each week-just a day to have longer talks with LeGrande, take a nap, take a walk, read, visit family or friends, etc...a day free from the demands of my job. I look forward to it each weekend and just knowing that I have a day to really rest makes the work week worth it, and it makes the new week start off so much better.
God really knew what He was talking about in giving us a day of rest...I love that! I guess I'll make these plans and enjoy the last few hours of my rest-day!
3 comments:
I know what you mean about lesson plans. Many times I force myself to do them by staying late at work on a Thursday to finish them, just to preserve my weekends. I need Sunday afternoons to be spent with my husband...our way to reconnect before the busy week starts.
Hope you have a great week, Ms. Sprout.
I always hated my lesson plans! Question...can I get your email address? When ready, I wanted to share my thoughts on health, since you asked and I am not sure if I will post it as they will be pretty personal. You can go back to my first or second post ever to see about the year of health.
Nan
Looks like you are not only putting off lesson plans. You're putting off blogging! Miss you in the blogosphere seestar. See you at the race Saturday!
Post a Comment