The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring is Springing

In a post that unfortunately is not so recent in terms of dates, but is one of my most recent posts, I spoke of how this winter was so hard and how excited I was about Spring arriving! It has come, blown in with good things, and is "blowing by" quickly!

At school, we tally the days we've been in school and each day that number gets a little closer to 180, the last day of school. Each day the students ask me how many days are left and that number gets a little smaller. Today was day 147- yikes! That means we have a whopping total of 33 days left to be together. I was watching my class play on the playground today and thinking about how in a few weeks, our little community of 15 that has traveled Kindergarten AND First Grade together will be split into different schools, communities, and lives. Many of the kids stayed at our school to be with the same class and teacher, but due to moves, they will be redistricted to their local school come fall. I might not see them again, and they have been a huge part of my life and heart for the past two years...seems strange and sad.

On the other hand, I am eagerly anticipating summer vacation and days that are not dictated by students, lesson plans, meetings, and bells. I am not working this summer and can't wait to take morning walks, tend our veggie garden and can beans (and can't wait to post about that!) I also can't wait until the grand opening of LeGrande's cousin's strawberry patch, as well as the Apple strawberry patch, mentioned in my post called Meeting the Neighbors.

It's been a refreshing season. Strawberries, sandals, skirts, sunlight on the way to work in the morning and well after I get home, warm sunny days and open windows at night. Thank you God for freshness and newness in every season!

No comments: