Last night we went to the wedding of my running buddy, Erin, and her new husband Rob. Apart from being an outdoor wedding in July, at 6pm and totally hot, it was beautiful, and Erin and Rob were glowing in happiness. They had dinner and dancing after the ceremony, so we sat down with Logan (another girl I work out with), her husband Chris, and their friend Erika.
I had ONE small glass of white wine before dinner. Now, I do enjoy a glass of wine very much but in the past year as we've been trying for a baby and then pregnant for those few weeks, I have not enjoyed it too often; I suppose you could say my tolerance is lower than it was a few years back. This was my first glass in a while, a nice cold Riesling- very refreshing after sitting in the hot sun for an hour.
Thanks to the wine, I was feeling a little "happy" and hungry as we waited in the buffet line. Logan and I were chatting and LeGrande was standing on the other side of me. My back was to him. Suddenly I felt someone (him, no doubt) bump against my back and without stopping the conversation with Logan, I took my hand and reached around to make sure he was steady. My hand happened to land right on his tush. And I patted a little. I finished talking with Logan and then turned around to talk to LeGrande. To my shock, it was ANOTHER MAN! Someone had stepped between us and was ordering a drink from the bar- and HIS WAS THE TUSH I PATTED! I wanted to crawl under the table. I buried my head in LeGrande's arm and told him what happened. He was laughing about it.
My friend Logan's husband Chris saw the WHOLE THING...he was cracking up and made jokes about it while we waited in the line. I kept my eyes on LeGrande and tried very hard NOT to look at the stranger with whom I'd just shared a "moment"...totally innocently and totally thinking it was my own husband!
Guess I'd better hold off on the imbibing for a while...you never know what a little wine will do!
12 comments:
that is HILARIOUS!!! wanna hang out? how ARE you?
Oh geez. Better lay off the fruit of the vine, you lush. That is too funny.
Wowee wow wow! You need to be on that commercial: "Need to get away?" from Southwest Airlines. Do you all get that one? If not, here's a link to an example [besides your own real life one! :) ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIK0kzhEJzM&feature=related
I love me some Riesling! I have gotten a little tipsy, and frisky from the stuff before too!
TOO. STINKIN. FUNNY!!!!! That is so something that I would do. I see now that you are the sister that lives on the family land. I just left a big ole long post on your sister's blog and I think I was thinking it was you. Oh well...fun story!!
Balancing beauty and bedlam, Jen:)
hilarious...I can just imagine the look on your face!!
My husband and I also attended a wedding that night, but for different people. It was hot, but at least mine was indoors and I did not grab anyone's butt!
hahahahaha
Okay, I am laughing so hard I can hardly breathe! That's hysterical. Gotta love the vino.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i REALLY wish i had been there to see that!
i can actually see me doing this.....so don't feel bad! :) maybe you just made the day of a stranger :) :)
that is hysterical, love it! I'm sure "he" loved it too- sounds like something I would do too ;)
Post a Comment