We've had a strange phenomenon happening with one of our cars lately...our 2007 Honda CR-V. When you go to lock it and hit the remote lock on the key, the car is supposed to lock once. If you hit lock again, the horn beeps to let you know that the car is indeed locked. For two Saturdays this past month, I've gone walking with friends in the mornings at local parks. Quiet places on Saturday mornings...or so you'd think.
I'd get out of my car and hit the lock button. To my total surprise each time, instead of locking, the car would start blaring the horn, just like someone was sitting on it. It was LOUD...like "wake up neighbors" loud. Very embarrassing. The first time, I had no idea what to do. I told my friend Stacey, who has the same model and year CR-V, that I might have to drive the car to the local dealership's service bay and have them take care of it. The thought of driving a car with the horn going non-stop didn't appeal to me, and would probably get me cussed out multiple times along the way. I tried to hit the panic button, start the car, and push the remote buttons but all with no avail. Finally, after about 1 full minute (which sounds like nothing but try hushing your car with people staring at you for that long), I had the bright idea to get in the car and bang on the horn. FINALLY, the horn stopped. The silence was a blessed sound, to me, the wildlife at the park and all those around me.
I thought this was a one-time thing, but last Saturday, the car put on a repeat performance. Thankfully I knew what to do to shut it up, so it only blew the horn for about 10 seconds. We took it to the dealership today because we discovered that we only have 300 miles until the warranty expires and wanted to get it checked out. Turns out, the dealership is stumped too. We're the first case of unintentional horn-blowing in a 2007 CR-B. They documented our visit and said that if it continues after the warranty expires, they'll cover it for us. Very nice! Hopefully we won't have to make a return visit, but I have my suspicions. If anyone reading knows what to do to fix this problem, we're all ears (literally)
Oh yeah, and we did get a free car wash out of the trip- if you've seen our car lately you know that meant a great deal! Living down a dirt road makes a mudpie out of your vehicle, especially during hurricane season.
1 comment:
Oh my, Sarah...I have to tell you, that's just what I needed today. I am very sorry if it makes me a bad friend that I have laughed til I CRIED! I do hope the car stops its madness.
Happy early birthday...go check my blog! :-)
Post a Comment