The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Call Ahead (s)Eating

I'm just going to toot the "small town" horn and share a perk of living in rural NC. All you city folks know that your favorite restaurants offer "Call Ahead Seating", so that you can walk into the restaurant and bypass all of those who are waiting for a seat, those who didn't call ahead like you. You walk in and breeze to your table, saving at least 15 minutes of time.

In a small town, especially if you are known to the staff of your favorite local joint, you get more than this...you get "Call Ahead Eating"!! Tonight we were both exhausted after work and I fell asleep on the couch till 6pm. When I woke up, we were both hungry and didn't want to make anything. We thought about our options and since fast food is not one (by locale or desire) we agreed to call Reno's, our delicious, hometown pizza joint. I phoned them and within minutes, our half cheese and half pepperoni pizza was in the oven. We drove 15 minutes to the restaurant, walked in, were seated, and within 3 minutes, we had a steaming hot pizza and two side salads on our table. We ate up, and were out of the place before the folks at the next table, who had been there first, were even finished! We were gone just an hour...ahhhh! We thanked the owner and his wife, who assured us that any time we wanted to call our pizza ahead, to go on and do it...and we will!

Now those are small town perks for you!

1 comment:

McLeod Family said...

That is awesome!!! I don't know if you read the books by Karen Kingsbury but I think you could be related to the Baxter family :) That is a compliment!!!!