The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Friday, November 14, 2008

Jack's First Photos

Here are some photos from our ultrasound on Tuesday, 11/11/2008. We saw our baby boy for the first time and we think he's beautiful already! We're almost halfway there- I'm at 19 weeks! Thank you God!
Here is little Jack's side-view...I think his spine is beautiful!

Our little one kicking back and relaxing- these are his tiny feet measuring 1 inch long each, crossed at the ankles! How sweet!


The most beautiful face in the world- our son! When the ultrasound tech typed his name in and I saw it with his face, it was the most overwhelming feeling...it brought us both to tears. We are so very thankful to God for this little one!


Jack has a cute button nose! I can't wait to see if his nose at birth looks like this!



And in case you're wondering...here is what he looks like from the "outside"...but keep in mind that this was 3 weeks ago and both Jack and Mom have had a growth spurt since this was taken!




The pregnancy is progressing with health and we are very thankful. My students are really excited about the baby, and keep asking me if it's come out or about to. I keep telling them it will be in April, but they aren't getting that...it's a LONG time till Christmas for them, let alone Easter! Some of the questions that I've been asked by my group of first graders:



"Mrs. Iseley...we KNOW you are going to have a baby. Why don't you tell us you are. I've been watching your tummy and it's getting fatter and fatter since the first day of school." (This was about 4 weeks ago and I told them...I mean, what can you say to that??)

"Mrs. Iseley, are you gonna pop?" (Not yet)



"Mrs. Iseley, can you sleep on your tummy anymore or does that hurt?" (No, it does hurt)

"Mrs. Iseley, why can't you tie my shoes anymore?" (Because you are in the first grade and it doesn't feel good to bend over anymore!)

Z: "What are you eating?" Mrs. I: "Gum...I have a sore throat and I can't use my cough drops because I am pregnant." Z: "Oh yeah, if you swallowed one, it might hit the baby on the head and that would really hurt it!"

"Mrs. Iseley, why did you decide to have a baby? Didn't you know that when it comes out it's gonna hurt, and there will be blood, and you are GONNA CRY!!! I saw my brother being born. It's not good." (Wow...we went on to math after that one...)



I am writing these down...they are great! I'll miss these kids next year.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Seestar,

Mom and I are both trying to leave comments right now!

Those pictures are so precious! He's going to have the little button nose that Wesley has. Why in the world do you think it would look any differently on the u/s than it will when he comes out? Silly.

Your kids have good senses of humor.

Love you!

"Nano" Owen said...

My new grandson "Jack" is so beautiful, just like his mom and dad. His Great Grand "Papa Sease" would be so proud and humbled by the name. And the crossed feet are a complete replica of how Papa Sease used to sit in his chair! Can't wait to meet him.

Caroline said...

Okay, why is no one leaving you comments telling you how cute your child is? Come on people...show the love for goodness sake. Don't make me come after you!

Laurie said...

Okay...I haven't been online much, lately, but those are some great pics. AND the comments from the kids are hilarious. LOVE the last one. :-)

Hugs!

emily freeman said...

YAY! You are so beautiful. And so is that doll boy. What a gift.