Our sweet redheaded nephew Wesley, loves to say "Oh boy", but in his cute toddler way, the words come out "OH DAY!"
We had our ultrasound to determine the health and gender of Baby Sprout today, and we left saying "Oh Day!" It's a BOY!
We are thrilled and can't wait to meet baby Jack Owen Iseley in April 2009. He is due on Easter weekend. We named him for our maternal grandfathers (both named Jack) and my maiden name, Owen, which means "God's Warrior"...his initials will spell out JOI, which is fitting, because he is bringing us much joy! We just realized that tonight and my mom pointed it out! How cool!
I'll post photos later. Right now I think a bedtime snack is calling me!
11 comments:
Sarah,
I know I signed your facebook but I love the name! So wonderful and Joi is so fitting. They do bring such joy to your life. God bless you guys. I know this was one of your happiest days! Cherish it!
I love it! I am partial to boys you know...they love their mommies! Congratulations!
Actually, its "Oh Bay!", not "Oh, Day". Just thought I'd let you know.
And I'm so happy about you guys having a baby "bay". Can't wait to hold him!
Sarah, so excited for the two of you!!! I know you are thrilled and wow, you already have the full name picked out. We didn't know Anna's full name until moments before she made her entrance. And if she had been a boy we hadn't decided completely. I love the name has so much meaning and heritage.
Yay, Sarah, I am so excited for you guys! I love the name Jack, it was my grandpa's name, it's def. on our list as well. It was fun catching up with you on Sunday, boys are JOYS!!!
Whitney
So happy for you! I didn't want to check your blog until after I had seen you in person so I could hear the big news right from you!
Awwww - Congratulations! And what a GREAT name... it's great for a little boy and it's great for a successful man... nice job!!!
Caroline sent me over (you have a bossy sister). Regardless, congrats!
Congratulations! Yay for boys - they're the best... so sweet and lovey with their mamas.
Sarah - I have to tell you - I went last night to work with some friends on our kids' scrapbooks...and was sharing your good news. As soon as I said Jack's name, my friend looked up and said - "Joy?" and at first I said, "No, Jack!" Then realized - she heard his name and immediately noticed the "joi" initials...Joy, indeed, my friend...enjoy these magical days. Love you!
Congratulations! Little boys are so AWESOME! I love his name, and the initials. My initials happen to be SIN. Yep, I'm the family joke.
Post a Comment