I admit it...I'm generally a healthy eater, but this time of year, I fall victim to the clucking bunny Cadbury and his seemingly small and insignificant Easter candy- the mini egg. I LOVE these things...more than M&M's; more than ANY other candy. I don't know what it is about these small eggs with the crispy sugar shell, but I lose all self-control and willpower when they are around. I just cannot stop eating them if they are out in a bowl.

I usually wait until very close to Easter before buying my first bag, because once I've had one, I keep going. This year, I broke down a week ago, which isn't TOO bad, considering that I'm pregnant and loving chocolate! I took a few duplicate items from a baby shower back to Target and got a gift card in return, which I immediately used to buy some unpurchased items from our registry. I'd carefully totaled my purchases to make sure that I had enough on the gift card to cover them and I did. In fact, I had a little balance left over. I emphasize the word LITTLE. Just a couple dollars...not worth leaving on a gift card...no, not at all! Just enough for a bag of mini eggs! I was not even out of the Target parking lot when I broke into them...ummmmm! They were a delightful treat. When I got home, I discovered that LeGrande had had the same idea and now we had two bags of the Easter sweets.
I've spent the last week trying very hard to use some willpower and not eat the entire bag in one sitting. Fortunately, LeGrande loves them too, so I had some help. Today, the bowl is empty, and it will stay that way until next Easter...I hope!
2 comments:
Cracking up...yup...the things are in fact quite yummy!
Hysterical! I have made a committment that until I lose the rest of the weight that I want that I won't bring candy in my house because I have no control either...and I am slowly losing my taste for it. But, I could totally go for a chocolate bunny !:)
Post a Comment