The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Sunday, August 9, 2009

4 Months

Here's Jack's 4 month "bluebunny" photo. He is really growing, or is Bluebunny just shrinking? We have enjoyed taking photos with the same toy each month to mark his growth!



Jack's next doctor's appointment is in a week, so we don't know his exact weight, but 3 weeks ago I weighed him on my parents' digital scale and he was 16lbs, so I am thinking that he'll be between 17 and 18 lbs! Whew! I feel it when I hold him! We're using up our size 2 diapers because they are getting too tight! Crazy!!! We're looking forward to the weight check but not the shots (boo-hoo). I hate to see him cry and this time he'll be so much more aware. Last time he had shots, he turned into a monster for the better part of a week, so I'm really NOT looking forward to that again. I'm sure he's not either.

Jack is not rolling over yet- possibly because of the hulk he has to move around- but when he is placed on his tummy, he pulls up onto his elbows and looks around. This lasts for about 5 minutes and he starts to cry. Our boy is not a fan of tummy time, but it's a necessary part of baby-life! He would rather strengthen his neck by sitting in his baby seat, jumparoo, or on the floor between your legs.

Jack's other faves include pulling himself to a sitting position while holding your fingers, reading (he loves Brown Bear, The Wheels on the Bus, and a new book we found about a hummingbird called Little Green- we have tons of hummingbirds around our house right now so we got a book about them). The bath would have to be his favorite pastime, though! He loves to splash and kick and he's almost out of his little tub already!
He gives us slobbery kisses when we hold him, and laughs at us when we do silly things. AND, when we aren't giving him the attention he feels he needs to have, this boy will let us know! He's a wonderful part of our family and we adore him!

1 comment:

Laura said...

oh my gosh! he's so big and so cute!! :)