The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nature

Yesterday after naps, we went outside. It was warm but there was a nice breeze so it made the early September heat bearable. Jack rode on the tractor and admired the mower attachment as usual (this mostly includes asking me the letters on the mower and telling me how the mower works. It is very cute).



He can now get on the tractor without help! He is REALLY growing! I think he had a growth spurt this summer as I measured him the other day and it looked like he had grown 2-2.5 inches since April! WOW! That is a lot of growth in 4 months! I can also tell that he has grown since he no longer needs to stand on the little stool when using the potty or washing his hands! My boy is growing up!

After we got off the tractor, we went into the backyard and the kids played on the grass. The kids played on the slide and then Nora started picking grass and digging her fingers into the mud. This girl is NOT afraid to get dirty. I am not afraid to let my kids get dirty, so long as they are in playclothes and can have a bath...kids need to get dirty, right?




Well, it took no time before Nora started EATING dirt. Yep, eating it. Jack asked
me what she was doing and I told him she was eating nature. He cracked up at this! He is so silly! She looked like she had eaten chocolate so I guess it was pretty funny!


Jack also tried a new feat...jumping off the picnic table! It's about 2 feet off the ground so this was a big leap for a little kid, but he did it...over and over again! He needs a cape. Or maybe not!




I wanted to put Nora in her baby swing under the maple trees, but when I looked into the swing, it appeared that some animal had been gutted and eaten up in the tree (yuck), and something that looked like an intestine was stuck to her swing. I guess it fell down and stuck to the swing. Ewwwww! I hosed off the swing and we decided to go to Jack's tire swing. Nora has never been on this before but I held her and we went very slowly. When I took this picture I was telling her to hold on tight, and she did! We'll still prefer the baby swing but she sure loves this one with big bro!


And then we went inside and turned the bathwater brown! Ha! What fun they had!




No comments: