The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Monday, October 8, 2012

3 1/2 years and 14 months

Since our kids' days of birth are so close (Jack's is the 8th and Nora's is the 7th), we celebrate "month birthdays" right at the same time. This time, Jack was exactly 3.5 years and Nora 14 months! WOW! A year ago I was learning the ropes with a two-and-a-half year old and a two month old! Things have changed A LOT since those days!


While I do miss the snuggles and sweetness of a tiny baby, I do not miss sleep deprivation, two sets of diapers to change, nursing amidst trying to entertain a toddler, and trying to figure out two kid's schedules! Whew! Those days had their share of sweetness, but I LOVE watching my two little ones play together, talk, laugh, and learn. I love the preschool years!


Jack is now in preschool and for the most part, loving it. He is still tearful some mornings when I drop him off, which is hard for both of us. He has some good friends there and his teacher is wonderful. He is laughing and playing when I pick him up, so that is good! They are working on their letters and numbers through 10. He is catching on, but at his own pace. He still knows the letters in his name and in Nora's name and is asking about letters all the time. They have studied A and B so far!

Jack still loves music, dancing, tractors, helping Daddy mow, pretending to mow the yard, and vacuuming. He loves to cut paper and is getting better at coloring with more control. He has an imaginary friend called "Little Boy" who he talks about all the time! He cracks us up telling us about this pretend friend! He is getting more helpful around the house and is just a sweet, sweet kid.


Nora is INTO EVERYTHING. BUT, SHE IS WALKING! She started taking steps a week or so ago and this past weekend, really got the hang of it! She still crawls when she wants to get somewhere pretty fast, but she really wants to walk and is so determined to do it! She is so much fun and always cracks us up! Her most recent antics include opening the toilet lid and stirring the water (gross!)and opening up the cat food crock and strewing cat food all over the floor. Nice. When in her high chair, we try and enforce good manners, but she likes to run her food-covered fingers through her hair. We call it her table hairdo. Nora pretty much always gets her hair washed in the kitchen sink after EVERY meal. She hates this so I hope she figures out the cause and effect involved soon.

Nora loves to read and her vocabulary is expanding every day. She says so many more words each day. She is also using 2-3 word sentences and nods or shakes her head in response to us! Today she looked at me on two occasions and said, "I pooped"...and she was right. I hope we can potty train her this summer. WOW! She is slowly getting into more girly toys (like my old baby doll and her play kitchen) but still prefers tac-tors (tractors) or )choo-choos (trains) all while pushing them and making a brrrrrrr sound. Ha! And yes, in the photo above, she is in Jack's dump truck and enjoyed being driven around the house last night!

I love my kids!



No comments: