I know our blog title is called "Sprout Cultivator", and it's not often that I am able to show you many of thing things that are sprouting around here. LeGrande is a gifted horticulturalist and our home looks simply amazing this time of year. I feel like I live in a garden that most people pay to walk through. He went around the yard with the camera recently and here are a few of the delights we have right outside!
This is a view from our driveway looking towards the house...with the poppy-like peonies and Japanese Maple in the foreground.
A rose on the side of our house with the mock orange bush in the background...what a sweet smell!
Another rose in the backyard- I love the tiny border of white on the petals!
A chocolate colored iris unfolding frilly petals.
And there's more- peonies and more iris in several shades, phlox, all things green and growing...it is lovely! I am just in awe of my husband and his green thumb and love for plants. He is so talented and I am so proud!
4 comments:
You are so lucky! And blessed! Yippee for strawberries!
The pics are beautiful...and I love the new blog look, too!
Okay, he can cook, he can clean, he loves antiques, he can garden, but now...photography? He is such a freak of nature. For the love - share some of the talent already!
sarah, the new blog layout is gorgeous--props for that!
and your green growing things are beautiful. good job, legrande!
i just planted our first "garden", a long flowerbed running alongside the end of our house nearest the driveway. the irises, roses, feathers, and phlox look so lovely. and i've discovered that i love to play in the dirt; it relaxes me.
Post a Comment