The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Thursday, April 30, 2009

3 Weeks Old

Time is flying by! Jack turned 3 weeks old yesterday! He is really growing and changing before our very eyes. At his last weight check which was 10 days ago, he weighed nearly 9 lbs so I am pretty sure that he's over 10 now! He goes to the pediatrician again in a week for his 1 month checkup and I look forward to seeing what he weighs then!


Bathtime is not all that fun yet. We're cheering for Jack to have a bellybutton by the end of the week so that he can be fully submerged in the tub. Since he still has that cord stump, he has to be subjected to sponge baths, which he hates once you stop washing his hair! Come on, bellybutton! It would be so fun to have you!




Jack is also waking up more during the day and is so much more attentive to us. We know he knows our voices and he stares at us, which is heart-melting! I look forward to seeing him smile at us.



He's a very content baby and for the most part, hangs out and is very easy-going until it's time to eat or change his diaper. Then he lets us know what he wants! It's funny, when he was in the womb I would tell LeGrande that I thought Jack would be like him- very laid back until something bothered him...then he would really let us know he wasn't happy. This would happen when we'd poke around on him in my belly and he'd kick back or quickly move away. I was right about this part of Jack's personality. It's WILD how much you can already learn about these little ones while you are carrying them.


I'm doing well with being at home...in fact, I love it! I miss my class but being Jack's mommy is a wonderful job. I hope to get in to see my class in late May when LeGrande has a few days off of work. I can't wait to see them and show photos of Jack. We think that with the flu outbreak in the US, we'll sadly have to keep him away from schools for a while, but I'll take in some photos and videos for the kids to see.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Can't wait to see him on Saturday. I need some more Jack time.

Caroline said...

I need to hold that little squirt again. I miss him!