Nora has officially thrown off baby food. All of it. I can still manage to get a little baby oatmeal in her in the mornings as long as she has toast or banana on her tray to distract her from the fact that the oatmeal is a puree and being served to her in one of her baby food spoons.
This literally happened in the course of a week. First, our little girl refused Stage 3 foods. Stage 3 foods are chunkier and prepare babies for food with more texture. She hated them. Spit them out, gagged, etc. I worked with her by mixing the stage 3 foods in with stage 2 purees and that worked. For a while. Now she's just DONE! I can't say that I blame her. I've tried some of the stage 3 jarred or pouch foods and they're just so-so. I made most of her food but when it came to pureeing meats with fruits and veggies, let's face it. YUCK. I turned to Happy Baby and Gerber to get the job done. Now Miss Nora refuses both my cubed fruits and veggies AND the store-bought stuff. Two days ago I was trying to get her to finish a jar of chicken and vegetables so I warmed the jar and brought it to the table. Before she was even offered a bite, Nora took one look at that jar, opened her mouth and SCREAMED...and then when I tried to put a spoonful in her mouth, she knocked the spoon out of my hand. Think she was trying to tell me something?!?!?
BUT...she does like EVERYTHING else she is offered. So far she has eaten meatloaf, mac and cheese, green beans, peas, broccoli, bread, cheese, black beans, sandwiches, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, tilapia, roasted butternut squash, bananas, strawberries, and even some tomato. There's no going back.
Now what to do with all the baby food cubes in our freezer? Here's my idea: the pear, mango and strawberry/banana cubes can go into smoothies for all of us, and the butternut squash and sweet potato cubes can get made into a yummy butternut squash casserole! As for the peas...hmmmm....that's sort of nasty. I think I'll slip them into some spaghetti sauce and no one will know the difference!
We're headed to toddler-land now!
No comments:
Post a Comment