The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hula Hoops

Jack cracks us up with his hysterical sayings. Today's newest pants-wetters:

We were at the playground behind a local church. It's on our walking/running route. I get my walk or run (depending on if the wind is blowing into the double jogger or not) in and then we play. It's our deal. This playground has a ton of hula hoops on it, and we've played with and discussed them before. Today, Jack was on the swing and noticed a hula hoop on the slide...way up on the playground equipment. He said, Mommy look..."there's a hell hoop up there!" I cracked up! He is just so funny!

I was cooking dinner this week and Jack asked me what we were having. I replied "barbecued chicken, rice, and butter beans" He said, "I won't like it." I asked him why, and he told me, very matter-of-factly, "Because it's not a chocolate cookie."

Jack really likes to wear long sleeved pajamas, even as the weather is getting warmer. We try and encourage him to wear shorts and short sleeves, but he pitches a fit. During our most recent battle, which I decided was not worth fighting, I tried to persuade him to wear his short sleeved "fireman" pj's. His response, amidst tears..."Mommy, NO! I'll just sleep naked!"

No comments: