I am playing around on the computer this evening, trying NOT to think about the fact that my husband is crawling around on the roof, fixing some shingles that came loose during the storm we had the other night. I really thought that a tornado was coming through. I am just so scared of them. I kept listening to that wind just waiting to hear the sound of a train...already contemplating how to gather 2 cats and a 55 pound dog and wrangle them all into the hallway.
To distract myself from thinking about LeGrande falling off the roof, I decided to bake something chocolate. This is not a recipe that I have made in a while, but we had all the stuff and LeGrande can always take the rest to the "guys" at work tomorrow, right? Well, maybe. I've made a lot of stuff "for the guys" in the last 3 years, and generally my seemingly sweet gesture is a nice facade for Sarah wanting to lick the beater. It is just so much better in batter form, for some reason!
The smell is intoxicating...want to know what it is?
It is a chocolate chip pound cake...and one from the box at that.
I do love a healthy, wholesome, from scratch recipe, but tonight, I wanted something fattening, fast, and utterly bad for me. It'll be gone tomorrow, remember?
Okay, here goes, just don't say I didn't warn you if you bake one this weekend.
1 Box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix (without the pudding)
1 Large Box instant chocolate pudding mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup of water
3/4 cup oil (now, here I did skimp a bit and use just 1/4 a cup with a little more H2O)
1 cup of sour cream
2 cups chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients and lick the beaters.
Get out another spoon and "stir" the batter again. Lick this spoon.
Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Make sure you leave enough batter in the mixing bowl to lick the spatula.
Bake on 375 for 55 minutes.
Let it cool, serve, and eat!
Yum. I can't wait for dessert. I'll indulge on this horribly good cake tonight, having just one piece. And tomorrow it will go to work with LeGrande, for all the guys to enjoy.
Maybe...
5 comments:
I am so making that this weekend. And I agree about the beaters! :-)
Enjoy, Laurie! It is really, really bad for you but really good! And I am happy to report that I only ate ONE baked piece of it tonight!
well, we must be on the same wavelength, sarah, 'cause i did the exact same thing on wednesday night. only, i made chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes with cream cheese icing. shame on me! but licking the beater and the icing knife was sooooooo good. :o)
thank you for your prayers for josiah and our family! i've posted a brief update on our blog. love you!
p.s. i didn't know you had a dog! happy is SO very cute! i'm hoping we'll get a pooch within the next year.
Yummy! I like the pencil shavings idea! Question...do you run on a treamill? If so, how do you transition to running outside? Cause, I don't do it well at all!!!!
Hi Nan!
Yes, I do run on a treadmill and outside. We don't live in an area that is conducive to outdoor running except at certain times. Now that the days will be longer I'll do more outside. The trick is that you have to go slower outside at first and keep in mind that concrete, hills and rougher terrain are going to be in the mix. Wear good shoes and if you can, run on asphalt and in the middle of the road. It takes a while, though!
Post a Comment