Take for example, my house today. LeGrande is off for the next 3 business days to work on some projects around on the house. I am off too, for Spring Break :), so I am home and able to see him at work.

Yes, this is our living room. Doesn't it look inviting? More like a hard-hat zone, I think! LeGrande is replacing our front door. Right now, this is the hole that is left from the old door. You can see the tools and sawdust inside.
Being product-oriented, I keep asking him when they will be finished. "Is the door in place? When will the lock be on? When will they put the storm door up? Will they have time to put the new light on the porch and also my porch ceiling fan that I've wanted for a year? What are their goals in terms of what they want accomplished in these next few days?" It might sound like I am married to a procrastinator, but that cannot be any further from the truth. LeGrande is the hardest worker I know. He and his dad, who is also with us today, make a team of hard-working "professionals". They patiently remind me that it will be done when it is done...that a quality result is the end of a long process, but it is worth it. They understand that a job well done takes time. They are process oriented, and have talked, laughed, encouraged each other, and problem-solved their way through the glitches that have come into today's work.
I have a lot to learn from them...the process is where learning takes place, where relationships grow, and where you must have vision for where you are going, but simultaneously not lose sight of the moments that make up the getting there. I'm going to have to muse over this for a while...it might just do me some good!
4 comments:
I think Adam is more product, but he does a good job on the process. Maybe Wesley can help with the process when he comes on Saturday. Right now he's in bed, making siren sounds and talking about swings.
I can't wait to see the little guy. XOXO. Sorry my phone cut off on us...will ask you about this morning when we talk next! Love you!
I enjoy product/ outcome. I HATE waiting for the process. Thanks for your beautiful thoughts on the process.
i am definitely a PRODUCT girl! and josh is a product guy too. so getting through the process is difficult for us both, though he actually does an amazing job and is great at problem solving. right now, we're both desperately wanting to enjoy the end product of all the work josh has put into painting our kitchen cabinetry.
Post a Comment