The Sprouts

The Sprouts

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Melanie Tagged Me

I am sure that my friend Melanie probably thinks that I am ignoring her "tagging" of me last week, but I was unsure of what it was at first. Thankfully this seems to be a trend among the blogs I read, so I was able to get a little more info on it.

Seems that I am supposed to post 7 strange things about myself and then tag some of you to do the same thing. So watch out, you might be at the end...

1) Ever since I was a little kid, I have eaten ice cream from a mug. Not an ice cream float, but just ice cream. I am not sure why. Maybe our parents did not have ice cream bowls, but it is always what we've eaten it with.

2) Also, not only do I eat ice cream from a mug, but before I eat it, I have to stir it up so that it resembles soft serve. LeGrande thinks that both of these are crazy. I am sure that once Caroline writes her 7 strange things, she will put this down too, because I know she does it.

3) I have an obsession with new toothbrushes. I buy the bulk toothbrushes at Sam's, and I feel good if there are at least 4 in the cabinet. They have to be changed every 3 months at the least, and so I write TB on our calendar to note when brush swap must happen. LeGrande is lucky- before we got married he said he only changed his toothbrush once a year or so. It is lucky for him he has me to make sure his teeth don't rot out.

4) I am afraid of birds...my visit to Trafalgar Square in London was terrifying...some kid scared the pigeons and they all flew straight at me...aughhh! I do not like it when people who have pet birds let them fly freely in the house. I had to pet-sit once for someone who wanted their bird to have some out-of-cage time. That was so scary. LeGrande wants chickens so we can have free-range eggs but I told him he will have to be the one to collect the eggs. I just know they will sense my fear and bite me.

5) I have a mole on the bottom of my foot. That is a weird one...

6) I am also claustrophobic and have to be with someone else in an elevator. When I was in the 4th grade our class took a train trip to Raleigh and I got stuck in the train bathroom. That sealed the deal, and I am scared of small places to this day. Thankfully my mom was on the trip and heard me screaming from the other end of the train car so she came to rescue me. Turns out I was just not turning the lock the right way...oh well...that was all it took.

7) I remember dates and will always ask LeGrande, "Do you remember what happened on this very date 2/3/4 years ago?" Usually it is something like, "This was the day we had the talk about such and such." I know that this is crazy, but I seem to catalog events in this way.

Okay, that's it! Now how about Caroline and Nan for the next ones to be tagged and share their 7 strange facts!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sarah,

I remember the thing about you and the stirring ice cream! :-)

Then again, I'm the one who puts peanut butter on pancakes...

Caroline said...

I can totally relate with the Trafalgar Square bird thing. Its terrifying to have disease-infested fowl flying at full speed right toward you! I think we might have some pictures from that horror!

Caroline said...

Seestar, its time to do a new post, its not like you're busy or anything! HE HE.