Yesterday evening I came home and was delighted to find that the warm temperatures and longer days had been beckoning the first harbingers of a new season...
Creamy crocus blooms peek through the pine straw.
A row of daffodils lean into the last rays of the setting sun
Two tiny tete-a-tete daffies whisper sweet nothings to each other.
A pearlbush opens it's first bloom with the promise of more to follow
A brilliant violet crocus cups the last rays of the afternoon sun.
Spring is coming...I can feel it. The air smells like rain. The blue sky rushes cirrus clouds through as though in a race. March's lionlike winds roar and toss away winter's brown and gray hues. The afternoons are balmy and inspire me to leave my coat indoors, to feel spring on my arms and cheeks. Daylight stretches into evening, casting it's golden glow at the end of the day. In a matter of days the stark branches of winter will become lace-like boughs of new-green leaves. Our garden will harbor new life; tiny seeds in the earth that hold the promise of fresh, homegrown vegetables for our summer table. I can't wait. Spring.
2 comments:
Hey Sarah! I found your blog via Nan's and hoped to catch up. I hear about you from Adele...but how are you really??
Oh..and check out my blog too:)
www.barbourshop.blogspot.com
what a gorgeous post, sarah! i have begun to feel spring creeping in as well, and i can hardly wait.
Post a Comment